San Diego Superior Court will resume services on 5/26/2020. Unfortunately, if you have a pending Family Law case or are planning to open a Family Law case, you won’t be able to appear in front of the Judge. There are new rules public and attorneys have to follow.
Family Law Division:
- As of now, all hearings will be conducted remotely either via Microsoft Teams or via phone calls.
- You won’t be able to file your pleadings at the business office. All pleadings have to be filed either via E-filing or via a Drop Box at the courthouse.
- List of documents that cannot be filed via E-filing and have to be filed via a Drop Box at the courthouse:
- Ex Parte Applications;
- Temporary Requests for Domestic Violence Restraining Order (DVTRO);
- Orders; and,
- A complete list will be posted on the Court’s website soon.
- The Ex Parte hearings will be conducted without your participation or via phone call if the Judge decides that he/she needs to talk to the Parties.
- If you are self-represented and need to obtain an emergency order you can ask for assistance at SelfHelp@sdcourt.ca.gov. Non-emergency issues will not be answered.
- If you have a pending case and have any case-specific questions you can email at FAM@sdcourt.ca.gov. Questions, which are no case-specific, will not be answered and no documents will be accepted via this email.
- If you need to reschedule your hearing you can also email at FAM@sdcourt.ca.gov.
- As of now, you cannot obtain a copy of any pleadings. The Court is working on how to resolve this issue.