(619) 737-3919
Mon - Fri 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Free 30 min Consultation

How to Stop the Divorce Process

How to stop the divorce process

Question: I filed a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage in San Diego (Petition for Divorce), but my spouse and I worked our issues out and reconciled. Can I stop my divorce process?

Answer: Yes, you can.

The Petitioner may request to dismiss a case if the Respondent has filed no Response.

If the Respondent has already filed his/her Response then the case can be dismissed but only with the signatures of both Parties.

Steps you need to take:

1. Fill out a Request for Dismissal (form CIV-110). Obtain Respondent’s signature if it is required.
2. Go to the courthouse, where the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage was filed, and file your Request for Dismissal at the business office. You have to have 1 original form plus 2 copies. You can also mail these forms to the court.
3. After the Request for Dismissal (form CIV-110) has been processed and you received a conformed copy back from the Court you need to serve one copy of the Request for Dismissal on the Respondent.
4. A person, who is 18 years old or older and not a party to this case, has to serve the Respondent either by mail or in person with a conformed copy of the Request for Dismissal and a copy of the completed but unfiled Notice of Entry of Dismissal and Proof of Service (form CIV-120). You cannot serve these forms on the Respondent even though you reconciled.

Forms can be found here:


DISCLAIMER: This Blog/Web Site is made available by the lawyer/law firm publisher for educational purposes ONLY as well as to give you general information, not to provide specific legal advice. This article should not be taken in any way as legal advice on your specific legal matter.
Please contact me at 619-737-3919 to schedule a 30-minute initial complimentary consultation to discuss your personal situation.
NOTICE: This Blog/Web Site constitutes advertisement materials and is meant for the residents of the State of California only. By using this Blog/Web Site you understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the Blog/Web Site publisher. The materials presented in the Blog/Web Site may not reflect the most current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. These materials may be changed, improved, or updated without notice. The Law Office of Maria Rogova is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the content of this Blog/Web Site or for damages arising from the use or performance of this Blog/Web Site under any circumstances.


Related Posts


Ms. Rogova, who is bilingual English-Russian, earned her law degrees from American and Russian universities. She earned her Russian law degree in 2003 and practiced law in Russia for over 7 years. Ms. Rogova has a broad range of legal experience in Russia such as contract litigation, corporate law, arbitration, real estate, and labor law. In addition to her law degree, in 2007 Ms. Rogova earned a Master of Finance degree.

Recent Articles

Spousal Support in California, law and expectations.
January 23, 2024
Navigating Divorce and Child Custody
Navigating Divorce and Child Custody
November 2, 2023
Is it mandatory to meet the residency requirements to file for divorce in California?
October 25, 2022